Have you ever confronted an auto driver who is demanding excess fare refusing to use the meter or even refusing to come to the destination you intend to go.
Have you ever felt like doing something about it. Here is your chance, as a customer u can now lodge your complaint against such auto drivers.
Note the vehicle number (KA-XX-YY-ZZZZ) and email the details to email@example.com. Based on the prefix XX (for example KA-01), complaint will be sent to one of the ten RTO offices in Bangalore and adjacent taluk areas.
Alternatively, one can also call these offices at the number given below based on the vehicle number prefix and directly lodge a complaint.
Vehicle Prefix (KA-XX) Bangalore location Phone number
- KA-01 Koramangala 080-25533525
- KA-02 Rajajinagar 080-23324104
- KA-03 Indiranagar 080-25254310
- KA-04 Yeshwantpur 080-23376039
- KA-05 Jayanagar 080-26630989
- KA-41 Gyanabharthi 080-28602833
- KA-50 Yelahanka 080-28561366
- KA-51 Electronic City 080-25735522
- KA-52 NeelaMangala 08234-285598
- KA-53 KR Puram 080-25617951
Once the complaint is received at the corresponding office, a notice is issued to the address of the vehicle’s registered owner, requiring him/her to turn up at the RTO office within 7 working days. Every RTO has about 10 IMV’s (Inspector of Motor Vehicles) who seize the vehicles which don’t report to the RTO.
The penalty levied on the auto-drivers is Rs.100 under section 200.
The various offences for which one can lodge a complaint
- Refusal to come to destination (Any destination!!!)
- Demanding excess fare
- Using rough language
- Cheat the public, for e.g. taking longer routes.
- Faulty Meter
There is also a helpline number - 080-22353785 available Monday – Saturday from 10:00 am - 5:30 pm on which one can call to lodge complaints.